Thursday, August 11, 2011

Yummy Breakfast Casserole :)

Last weekend at the lake I wanted to make something for everyone to enjoy for breakfast on Sunday morning. Sunday's at the lake are always busy with cleaning up and packing - so I knew I wouldn't have much time to cook a big breakfast for everyone. Instead, I decided to attempt to make my first ever breakfast casserole.

Since it was rainy, we spent all Saturday morning relaxing, watching movies, playing games and cooking - so it became the perfect opportunity to whip up my casserole so it could sit overnight and be ready to bake in the morning. It was so easy and turned out to be delicious so I wanted to share the recipe with all of you!

Bacon and Egg Breakfast Casserole:

Cut crust off of 10 slices of bread and cut into cubes.
I happened to have some really moist homemade
white bread on hand - I think that made it extra yummy!
(My cute Sous Chef, Whit, helped me cut the bread precisely into cubes)
Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and place bread cubes on the bottom of the dish.
Fry 1 pound of bacon.
After it is cooked, drain and crumble it - set aside.
Cover bread with 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
and 1 cup of grated monterey jack cheese.
Cover bread and cheese with crumbled bacon.

 In a bowl, beat 6 eggs, 3 cups of milk and
1/2 teaspoon of salt together.
Pour egg and milk mixture over entire dish.
Cover with foil and set in the refrigerator overnight or you can freeze before baking and thaw it later.  
The next morning,
bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes
and you'll have a delicious breakfast casserole to share with your friends and family!

We all really enjoyed this easy and
yummy breakfast dish and I hope you do too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment