Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pork Chop, Pork Chop, Greasy, Greasy... :)

After our first day back to work from vacation, I figured Whit and I could use a good ole' home-cooked "comfort meal" to ease us back into reality. So, last night I surprised Whit and made one of his favorite meals...Fried Pork Chops! :) Not the healthiest of choices, but they were delicious!!

Growing up, my mom and Grandmother would cook these from time to time and we would always look forward to the occasional pork chop night! The recipe I was taught includes making a mixture of flour, garlic salt and chili powder to batter the pork chops in before you fry them. I'm sure there are various ways to cook a good pork chop, but this is the way I've always enjoyed them! I also make sure to buy breakfast pork chops - they are thinner and don't take as long to cook!

Enjoy! :)

Pork Chops Frying in my Grandmother's Cast Iron Skillet :)
Yummy!


The Finished Product - Ready to Enjoy!

I think the secret ingredient that
makes my pork chops so delicious is
this cast iron skillet that my Grandmother gave me
at one of my wedding showers last summer.
She said she had cooked in this skillet for 50 years,
and now it was time for a new kitchen to enjoy it.
It was a moment I'll always remember and I feel like I can smell her wonderful cooking everytime I use this skillet.
It is one of my most treasured gifts that I've ever received. :) 

As I try my best to learn new recipes and figure out how to cook for my own little family now, it's always comforting to come back to a trusted recipe from time to time. There is nothing like the familiar smell of a favorite childhood meal cooking in your kitchen to make you feel at home again!
Happy Frying! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment