Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sunday Morning Stroll Down Belmont Boulevard :)

On Sunday morning, Whit and I woke up to a beautiful August day! I put on a pot of coffee for Whit, we enjoyed a little breakfast and decided to take Lollie on a walk down one of our favorite streets in Nashville - Belmont Boulevard. It has always been a dream of ours to someday live in the Belmont Neighborhood so every once and a while, we love to walk down the sidewalks of Belmont Boulevard and admire each of the beautiful, historic homes. :)

We just love this cute cottage!

Behind this iron gate is a beautiful stone fountain :)
Lollie wanted to go swimming in it!

Beautiful gardening - inspired me to work on our yard!

Same yard - it was gorgeous!
She also had a wonderful display of
hydrangeas in the front yard.

This house reminds me of downtown Charleston -
I love the dark red brick and iron fence.

This was Lollie mid-walk,
she found a shady spot under a tree and
enjoyed some cold water. :)
Wonderful trees along the sidewalks :)
Sweetbriar is one of Whit's "favorite streets in Nashville" -
partly because two of his brothers, Marty and Brendan, have lived on Sweetbriar, also, he just likes the name! :)
This house is under renovation and we are excited
to see what they decide to do to it!
I loved this charcoal grey house with the
surprise bright red front door!
I think it's a great and bold touch!
We loved this house, especially because of the two huge Magnolia Trees in the front yard!
Our favorite! :)
I loved these lattice windows -
they are painted a soft blue color, which of course, I love!
These porches are wonderful! :)
This was Lollie towards the end of our morning walk -
laying in the cool grass, enjoying her bowl of water!
Our little spontaneous Sunday morning family stroll ended up being a wonderful way to wind down after a busy and fun-filled weekend! The unexpected beautiful, crisp, breezy day got me excited about my favorite season that is not too far away...the FALL!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment