Monday, August 1, 2011

Georgia On My Mind...

Yesterday, we celebrated the birthday of one of the most special people in my life, my Grandmother, Georgia. My sister, aunts and I hosted an intimate ladies luncheon at my house and it ended up being the perfect Sunday afternoon and a wonderful way to celebrate such a wonderful person.

Grandmother recieved a card with a beautiful quote about mothers and grandmothers that I wanted to share...
"In the heart of a mother, there is a quiet place where dreams are nurtured, where hope and faith always burn softly, like a light she has left on for you in the night."

Yesterday, Grandmother reminded us all, how precious time with family truly is. She has a way of slowing life down and making us all feel at home again. :)

Here are some pictures from yesterday afternoon's luncheon in honor of our sweet Grandmother:

Our Table...
I found the table cloth first and used that as my inspiration for the rest of the decor.
It is always easiest for me to choose one item that
I love and build off of it.

Our Place Settings...
I used some cream colored vintage embroidered cloth napkins that my Mom had given me
and for our glasses I chose some unique mason jars I had purchased for a party we had this summer.
And of course, I love any excuse to use my Juliska! :)

Our Centerpiece...
My beautiful Grandmother, Georgia, served as the focal point for our centerpiece. :)

Our Food...
A fresh berry medley (recipe courtesy of Mrs. Gorham)
and Aunt Bronny's delicious Deviled Eggs

Aunt Chris' famous Spinach Avocado Salad...
She came up with this recipe and it is always a huge hit
in our family!

Our Delicious Lunch...
complete with Pimento Cheese and Egg Salad on
fresh homemade bread!

Our Dessert...
In honor of our sweet Grandmother -
Vanilla Ice Cream topped with Fresh Georgia Peaches! ;)

Whitney and Grandmother

Sweet Grandmother :)

Yes, Lollie was also invited to the ladies luncheon;
she is a lady after all.
This was Lollie after we had eaten lunch -
she found the perfect napping spot -
snuggled right next to Grandmother.
Being a lady took a lot out of her! :)

Yesterday was one of those special days you know you'll always remember.
Time slowed down and we just enjoyed listening to our sweet Grandmother
and celebrated another year of her magical stories. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment