Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The New Shade We Made... :)

This Sunday, Whit and I stayed up way too late working on a little project. While I was at my Grandmother's house a few weeks ago, she gave us this cute white lamp that she didn't have room for anymore and we absolutely love it!


We put the lamp in our living room and decided with a few slight updates, it would be the perfect little piece to help add some color into our living room. Soooo....we ventured into an unknown project land and made up our own rules of how to accomplish this task. I ordered some fabric that I LOVED that also happened to be on sale on Fabric.com and it arrived on the front steps of Our Little House On The Ridge in 2 days!! :) With my hot glue gun and new fabric in hand, I went to work...(with lots of help from Whit) :)

This is the new shade I bought on sale from TJ Maxx Homegoods
I am terrible with measurements...
so luckily I have a very great "measurer" for a husband :) 
Here is the strip of fabric we cut for the new shade...
I just fell in love with it as soon as I saw it!

My trusty hot glue gun, fired up and ready for our project :)
After we lined up and centered our fabric on the shade,
we started hot gluing one end to the edge of the lampshade
We continued all the way around the shade on both of the edges
Our lampshade-makeover :)
I chose this fabric because I really loved all of the colors
and the green tones tie in with the green that runs throughout our living room
Ta-Da!
The finished product! :)
This project did not take a long time at all and made such a change in our living room. I have enjoyed walking through the front door every afternoon and having our new, cute lampshade there to greet me! :)
Sometimes I think it is the little changes in your house that make a big difference... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment