Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Our Thanksgiving Traditions... :)

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the
highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
John F. Kennedy

On the Eve of Thanksgiving, I can't help but get a little excited
about a few Thanksgiving Day traditions that are coming up...

Whit and I are getting up in the morning and running run/walking  The Boulevard Bolt!
We have always thought this was such a great way to start off our Thanksgiving morning and the race gives us energy to make it through all of the family festivities!


And the first thing I always do when I wake up on Thanksgiving morning is turn on the Macy's Day Parade!!
I love to have this on while I'm cooking all my goodies for our family Thanksgiving celebrations!
It is magical! 



Most of all, I think Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because of the special Thanksgiving memories I share with one of my most favorite people in the whole world...
When we were little girls, Whitney and I would always spend Thanksgiving Eve night at my Grandmother's house and help her prepare "Mr. Tom Turkey" (as she would so lovingly name him)...we would wash him and Grandmother would always make Tom Turkey talk and dance on the counter...she makes everything magical and so much fun.
Grandmother has always loved Thanksgiving and helps to remind us each year of what the holiday is really about.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy your own delicious Tom Turkey! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment