Friday, July 29, 2011

The Magic of Candles...

One thing I always have in our house are candles.
I truly believe that the pleasant scent of a candle can do wonders to improve the aura of your home.
As soon as I get home from work, I put down my bag and light our candles on the coffee table. It has become part of my ritual - a way to start relaxing and enjoying the evening with Whit and Lollie after a long day at work. :)
Whenever someone is coming by for a visit, that is the first thing I do - make sure the candles are lit. I think it just adds a special warmth when you walk into a home with a candle burning.
It kind of distracts your guests from noticing whatever clutter is around or dust is in the corner, the hue of candlelight takes that all away...(or at least I pretend it does when my house is less than presentable) :)
My absolute favorite candles are the Tyler Candles. http://www.tylercandles.com/
The scents are perfectly subtle, not overpowering, very clean and fresh. My favorite scent in this line is "Tyler." I actually went to Katy's Hallmark today during lunch and picked up a few little Tyler Candles. I cannot wait to get home and enjoy them! :)

1 comment:

  1. I knew that was in Katy's! I also love Tyler! Have you ever tried their car air fresheners? They smell awesome and they're only $1.99! I just received a huge Tyler candle as a hostess gift last night and thought of this post. :)

    ReplyDelete